Hey, I know this is long and your time is valuable. But please read if you are considering my services. We need to coordinate understanding in this relationship. If you are a new client, you will be asked to sign a copy of this at your consultation. (Best viewed on desktop)
Questions? Call me at 859-513-0162 or fill out the Contact form.
Tate’s Creek Pet Sitting Policies and Rate Agreement
1.*MOST IMPORTANT* ALL CLIENTS must contact me by text or email within 48 hours before your vacation departure to confirm your scheduled visits. It is very important that we confirm your visits before you go, to prevent any possible scheduling issues. If you fail to contact me, TCPS will not be responsible for the consequences of any missed visits. I will be in touch with you after the first visit of your service. If you don’t hear from me, call!
2. Visit Times: Pet sitting visits last up to 30 minutes, depending on the type of animal and care needed. All of your pets and house care are included in this visit. Approximate times for dog visits are 8am, 3pm, and 9:30/10 pm. Midday dog walks are usually done between 11am – 1:30pm. These times may vary. Cats and other pets requiring single visits are usually in the afternoon, but may be at any time of day. I will do my best to accommodate your schedule as closely as possible. If more than 30 minutes is needed for one visit, an hourly rate will apply.
3. Keys: A key is required, unless you have multiple keyless locks. No exceptions. Garage keypads can be unreliable due to power outages and malfunctions. Two ways into the house are required; alternate ways to enter the house may include garage keypads, a second key provided, key hidden outdoors, or an extra key with someone who lives in Lexington. If the lock, key, or garage door breaks, the client will pay for repairs and/or a locksmith to access the house. Alarm and keypad passcodes are kept only on my passcode locked device. I will pick up your key(s) at the first consultation. You should be prepared to pick up your key at my home following your trip, or I can put the key into my safe to retain it for the next trip. Please do not write your name or address on your key, for security reasons. Pet names only. A small keychain or colored key can be helpful with identification of your key.
4. Other People at the House: Please notify me if ANY other person or service will have access to your home during your absence. It is understood that the client will notify anyone with access to the home that our services have been engaged. The police will be called on all unknown intruders or suspicious acts without exception.
Client agrees that Tate’s Creek Pet Sitting, Kristen Fowler, agents, assigns, successors and heirs are not liable and are completely indemnified for any and all liability stemming from the act(s) or failure to act of third parties, whether known or unknown, including but not limited to, friends, neighbors, relatives or other service persons, that shall enter your residence and property for any purpose while Tate’s Creek Pet Sitting is caring for your pets. This includes damage or theft to the home or property, and injury, loss, illness, or death of a pet.
5. Home Safety: If you are on vacation, I will occasionally take a quick look around the house for unlocked doors, home damage, leaks, and flooding, especially if there are heavy storms or large amounts of precipitation.
6. Clean-up: I will clean up after your pets to the best of my ability. If there are accidents above and beyond the normal amount anticipated, I will charge an hourly fee for cleanup time. I will clean up after your pet and myself, but don’t do other general housecleaning, laundry, dishes (other than the pet’s), etc. Please leave the sink free of dirty dishes so that I can use it. Please provide me hand soap, rolls of paper towels and the cleaning supplies of your choice.
7. Outdoor Pets: Tate’s Creek Pet Sitting will not be responsible for outdoor pets in the event of illness, injury, loss or death. It is strongly advised that all pets have some form of permanent ID and that they remain inside the home for their own safety in your absence. All outdoor animals must have free access to weatherproof shelter, unfrozen water, regular access to food, and a crate, barn or place to come indoors in the event of dangerous weather conditions, such as extreme cold.
8. Food and Supplies: Please leave enough food, medication, and supplies for your pets to last the duration of the trip. With your permission, I will purchase additional pet food, litter, or other needed items that contribute to the health and well-being of your pet while you are absent. I will retain a receipt and the pet owner is responsible for reimbursement of these items. If I have to make a special trip to purchase food and supplies, a $15.00 fee will apply.
9. Dog Walks: All dogs will be required to be on leash during outdoor walks, wearing a collar with ID and licenses. Please have bags available for dog waste, which I will pick up and dispose of properly. Rolled bags are preferred - grocery bags often have holes. Dogs over 25 pounds must be trained to walk on a leash such that they don’t pull me down the road (I am not a sled), and may not attack other dogs or people.
10. Hazardous Weather: In the case of hazardous weather, dogs will only be taken out for as little time as it takes to get the business done. Hazardous weather includes extreme heat or cold, thunderstorms or heavy downpours, and ice on streets and sidewalks. We do walk in light rain and snow. We will collaborate on plans to care for your pets if driving conditions become unsafe.
11. Animal Behavior: Animal behavior can be unpredictable. Your pet may be perfectly comfortable with me when you are there, but may be wary when I arrive alone, and it may sometimes take a few days for the pet to adjust. If you have an animal, such as a cat, who hides when I enter the house, I will do my best to find it, but I can’t guarantee its health or safety if I can’t find it. I will attempt to coerce them into following your wishes, but won’t force any pet outside of critical conditions. The client releases Tate’s Creek Pet Sitting and Kristen Fowler from any responsibility or liability for animal behavior, normal or otherwise, which results in injury or harm to animals, property, or people. As a rule, I do not take care of aggressive dogs. If your pet has a history of any kind of aggression, you must inform me before our consultation.
12. Medication: I administer medications, including shots, free of charge. If there is extra time required to medicate your pet, the hourly fee will apply. The animal must be reasonably willing to comply with administration. If the pet cannot be caught within 30 minutes, or attacks resulting in injury when approached, then it will remain unmedicated. In this instance I reserve the right to take the pet to a veterinarian for boarding and medication administration, at the client’s expense. I advise that pets with serious illnesses or who are medically fragile be boarded with a veterinarian instead of left at home. While I do have some knowledge of first aid for pets, I cannot provide around-the-clock care or immediate veterinary assistance that would be available at the vet’s office.
13. Contagious Conditions: If your pet has a contagious condition or illness, such as (but not limited to) sarcoptic mange, ringworm, feline leukemia virus, upper respiratory infection, pinkeye, parvo or distemper or flu, or if you have a flea or bedbug infestation in your house, you must advise me of this fact before I arrive for your consultation. If I agree to care for a pet with a contagious condition, I must make preparations not to transmit that condition to other animals or homes. Failure to disclose these circumstances before your consultation will result in an automatic decision not to care for your pet.
14. Vaccinations: All cats and dogs under my care must have a current rabies vaccination, as required by law.
15. Veterinary Emergencies: I will require a signed veterinary emergency authorization form for all clients and all pets. The pet owner agrees that they will be responsible for all veterinary, hospital, laboratory, diagnostic, or end of life fees charged by the veterinary clinic, as well as my pet sitter fees.
16. Extreme Emergencies: In the event of a true emergency such as a fire, flood, or break-in, I will see that the proper authorities are contacted and that your pet is left housed in a safe location. If your home is unsafe, this may be at a local kennel or veterinarian, and the client will be responsible for those charges. I cannot keep your pet at my house.
17. Trip Changes: It is common for trip plans to change at the last minute. If your trip plans change, please inform me as soon as possible. If I arrive at your house and you are home already, you will be charged for the visit. If you find yourself in need of extra visits, I can usually do that.
18.Cancellations: Emergencies happen and plans change! I understand this and normally don’t charge for cancellations. However, during Thanksgiving (three days before and after the holiday) and Christmastime (December 20-January 1), a nonrefundable $50.00 deposit will be charged up front for bookings (or 50% if your bill will be less than $50). If you cancel less than 14 days before these dates, your deposit will be forfeited. Please understand that I am usually booked during these holidays, and your reservation means that I have likely turned someone else away on your behalf.
19. New: COVID19 Procedures:
* I will wear a mask in your home.
*Maintaining social distancing, new clients will still have an in-home consultation, so that I can fully meet your pets and understand what is to be done in your home.
*Using sanitizing spray or wipes you provide, I will wipe down anything I have touched before you return home.
*If you wish me to take any other precautions, please let me know.
*If you have tested positive for COVID19, you must not travel and I will not visit your home until two weeks after you have tested negative.
*If the governor orders another shutdown of the state, your visits will be cancelled.
20.Rates and Payment Terms:
Rates: Under 2 miles from Charleston Gardens Blvd. (Lexington): $15.00/visit (30 minute visit.)
Outside service area (more than 2 miles): $18.00/visit.
Farm sitting (any location): $30.00/hr
*Hourly rate for extra time: $20.00.
*Supply run - $15.00
*Vet visit: $30.00 (one hour), $20.00 per additional hour. Emergency visits after 10pm: $50.00.
*Vet, groomer, or kennel pick-up or drop-off - $20.00, one way (within 3 miles)
*Client is responsible for cost of supplies, groomer, vet, hospital, or kennel services required. Client agrees to pay for number of visits agreed upon, plus any extra charges. Cost may be presented before service if requested, however some unforeseen charges may still apply.
Payment: Tate’s Creek Pet Sitting accepts cash, checks, PayPal, Venmo, or Zelle. A bill will be left on your kitchen counter at the end of service. You may also pay up front.
Full payment is due upon your return.
For weekly clients, payment is due at the end of each week.
Please make all checks payable to Tate’s Creek Pet Sitting. Payment may be mailed, left at your house, or dropped off in person. Cash must be left at your house or dropped off in person to prevent theft. Please don’t leave cash in the mailbox.
(Optional) Special payment terms (Barter, custom rate, credits): _____________________________________________
Tax: The Kentucky State Legislature has passed and is now implementing a 6% tax on all small animal veterinary and pet care services, including pet sitting, beginning July 1, 2018. Your tax will appear as a separate line on your bill.
I, (print name)________________________________ have read, understand and agree to the policies and rates of Tate’s Creek Pet Sitting. I further understand that a copy of this form will be kept on file for documentary purposes. All policies and guidelines are subject to change at the discretion of Tate’s Creek Pet Sitting, a copy of which may be requested at any time and is also posted on the website. (www.tatescreekpetsitting.com). The Client will be responsible for any Attorney and Collection fees if legal action is required to collect payment.
Client Signature___________________________________Date ____________